Tuesday, August 19, 2008

This is a challenging time of year for me

Gardens - my own and our CSA's - are going gangbusters, we just got back from 10 days in California and so we're seriously backlogged, our garden is bombarding us with tomatoes. And on top of this, I'm back to work getting ready for the start of the semester which often puts me in a place where I barely have time to grab fries and a milkshake from Hardee's.

But I'm hanging in there. Today, having no other ideas for dealing with too many eggplants and tomatoes, I made a favorite food from my teenage-years in Turkey: Imam Bayildi, or eggplant slow roasted in olive oil and stuffed with onions, garlic, and lots of very fresh tomatoes. I'm a little nervous: I haven't eaten eggplant in many years because it consistently does not like me at all. But so far so good.

It's so delicious, I need to get some more.

No comments: